Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Those Darn Wildlife Creatures!




I just recently put out my hummingbird feeder and the humming birds have been swarming it. Much more so than last summer. This morning I looked out the window and the feeder was gone. I found it in the yard, empty and covered with dirt. All the flowers were chewed off and no where near the feeder. I finally found them under the deck, but one is still missing. I was able to pop them back into the feeder, got it all cleaned up and we are back in business.
Nick always tells me that "hate" is a strong word, so I will use dislike. I really dislike raccoons and squirrels. They are obnoxious and gluttonous. We have two bird feeders hanging from our trees, and after one day, they are empty from the squirrels eating all the seed. At $15 a bag, it's getting on my nerves. The girls bought me a finch feeder 2 summers ago, and it went missing last summer. I just recently found it in the woods while walking with Isabella and the sides are completely chewed and destroyed.
Anyone have any tips on how to get these animals to leave the feeders alone?

No comments: