Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No More Babies in This House


It's official, my little baby boy is now a kid. That always seemed to be the turning point for my kids. Once they were two, they just appeared to grow up. How is this possible that 2 years have already gone by since Dr. Rao said those mind numbing words...."It's a boy!" And I said "Hmm, I don't think I've ever heard of one of those."
I have learned a lot from this kid in the last 2 years about boys. Some things I had heard about from other mothers; but the rest was best left to discover on my own, because, one, I wouldn't have believed it, and, two, I would have been horrified.
Here are some of the things that I have learned about boys:
1. They have no fear. They don't think before they act. They don't weigh the pros and cons in their little minds. They just go for it.
2. They love to jump from very high places.
3. They love to throw food and think it's wildly hilarious when the food hits their mothers.
4. They really can pee on demand and do so the moment their diaper comes off.
5. They are adorably loving and super cuddly, and I love my little boy so much it hurts.
Happy Birthday Nicholas, your family loves you so much!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Sandy: Nicholas has wrapped all of us around his little finger! Hang on tight - the roller coaster ride has just begun for all of us. Love, Mom