Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween

I know it's been a week since Halloween, but for some reason, I couldn't get my pictures to upload until now.

We started the Halloween festivities last Sunday with our annual pumpkin carving. This is the second year that Taylor has been at work and was not able to participate. So we got a stand in and invited Shea's friend, Ben to come over and carve one. Man are those two competitive with just about everything they do! They were each determined to have the better pumpkin. Ben's pumpkin was the haunted house with the bats and Shea's was the goofy face. Shea was really hoping that Ben would accidentally slice the house in half trying to carve out one of the windows, and Ben continued to goad her about the lack of technical difficulty required to carve hers.  I refused to choose a side. I applauded both of their skills. Isabella picked the Spider, which Nick did, and Nicholas wanted the dragon, which I started and Shea finished. Nick and I were done carving. I did mine a couple hours later, which I never got a picture of, and Nick never carved his. (Which by the way, happened to be the biggest, most beautiful pumpkin in the bunch) It's sitting in my lawn on display with a few mums, looking very festively fall-ish.  


On Monday we went to Nick's brother's house, which also happens to be our old neighborhood. We have gone there every year since we moved 6 years ago. It's the best location for trick or treating.

Isabella decided to be Jessie and Nicholas was Woody. In September, Nicholas wanted to be Iron Man. I bought it, he wore it around the house a few times, and in October when it was good and dirty, he decided he wanted to be Woody. I know I should have said "tough tooties, you're going to be Iron Man", but how cute does that duo below look in their matching costumes? I justified the $20, and he can run around the house saving us from peril for the rest of the year. Nick asked me to kindly please stop going to stores that sell costumes until November 1st, so as to avoid another switch. For the sake of his sanity, I agreed.

Shea and my oldest son her boyfriend dressed as each other. They thought that little number up all on their own about 2 hours before trick or treating started.  These two are a goofy pair of kids. The entire 30 minute ride in the car, Ben acted out and recited every ism that Shea has or says. Nick and I thought she was going to pummel him.

 The Cousins!!

The next morning, bright and early, still coming down from the sugar buzz, Nicholas and Isabella had their school parties. They had a parade and a little show for the parents, and then they played games and did crafts for the rest of the class. They had so much fun, and Nick was one of the parent helpers for the party. He was the ONLY dad there!







Here's the loot....

And here is the tax that they must pay me in order to live in my house.

No comments: