Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Nicholas Joseph!




My sweet little baby boy - 1 year has gone by! In one year since you have arrived, your presence has changed our family dramatically. I never could have imagined having a son, and what a shock it was when you were born. You were supposed to be Francesca! (I am still mildly bitter that I did not get to use that name. And I would secretly call you that if I didn't think it would cause major psychological damage!) I kept calling you "she" for about 6 months because I couldn't get used to the idea of referring to a "he".


In the past year, I have been massively sleep deprived, witnessed some of the most major head trauma's of my life, and run my butt off to stop you from all the dangerous places in our house that before I thought were just household items. The dishwasher, the toilet, chairs, slate floors, all the doors - who knew the hinge side of the door acts as a vice grip on small fingers. And let's not forget Barbie shoes - how many barbie shoes can a baby jam into his mouth before his mother notices?

Mostly in the last year, I have fallen madly in love with the little boy with the heart-melting smile. You are a sweet, funny, happy, mischievous child all wrapped up into one cuddly package. You are the perfect addition to our family, and I feel that we are now complete.


As for Francesca, I see a four-legged creature in our future someday, and I want naming rights.

We love you, precious little man. Happy First Birthday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He is so cute!
Happy Birthday!
(And don't cry too much Sandy!)