Friday, February 6, 2009

Having Kids a Decade Apart


BENEFITS

I am more mature, wiser, and much more patient in my thirties than I was in my twenties.

Taylor and Shea feel a sense of responsibility and have vastly matured because of their younger siblings.

Our family has been drastically enriched by the addition of Isabella and Nicholas.

DISADVANTAGES


Isabella's vocabulary contains phrases like "That will freak me out", "That's gross", "You're weird", and "Oh -----My ------Ga.....sha!"


I am the only mother at the High School sporting events carrying a diaper bag instead of a trendy bag.


My body did not bounce back to it's bikini ready form as it did in my twenties. (1 year and counting.....still not ready.)


The other moms at the grocery store with babies look like teenagers.


I will be 56 years old when Nicholas leaves for college!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I know how you feel Sandy! It's exactly the same here...but I don't ever, ever figure out how old I'll be when my kids go to college...I just pretend the math is too hard for me. And if anyone else attempts to, I give them really dirty looks and walk (run) out the room.
We are spring chickens, don't you worry!
Here's another benefit...having a baby gets you out of all the school stuff we are burned out of already! "No, I can't work on the fall auction, I just had a baby!" hehehehe