Thursday, March 19, 2009

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!


Nick and I are leaving tomorrow at 12:40PM for a weekend in Las Vegas, sans children. This is the first time we have gone anywhere alone in almost 3 years. This is a much needed trip as this has been a stressful year to say the least. The kids will be at my parents house for the weekend having the time of their lives, and will probably not think of us once.
I am looking forward to beng on my own schedule and not having to worry about who is hungry, sleepy, and crabby; or who has practice, tests or a big project due. I am especially excited to go an entire day without caked-on food on my shoulder and poop on my hands.
We are going to sit at the pool, enjoy nice dinners out that are too fancy for kids, and gamble our life savings away. (Just kidding) And we are going to have normal conversations that will not revolve around kids and work.
To my children, I promise that when I return, I will be less snippy and more patient and ready to handle all the problems and issues that arise with a calm, serene approach.

No comments: