Friday, September 11, 2009

Seven Springs

Let me preface this post by pointing out the blurry right side of every photo. SOMEONE put their grubby fingers on the lens and left smudgy fingerprints on it. I didn't realize it until I downloaded the pictures onto the computer! So please disregard the blurriness!

We went to Seven Springs, PA on Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend with my parents and sister's family to stay at their condo. On Sunday we stayed at the resort and rode the Alpine Slides a couple times. This was the very first activity that that all six of us have been able to do together. Usually, the event is either to small for the little kids or to little for the big kids. We rode the chair lift up the mountain, which was a little scary with "never-sit-still-Nicholas". I of course, made Nick hold him, because I was too afraid he would slip through my death-like grip. He did fine, because I think even he was a little nervous when he looked 50 feet down and realized the only thing keeping him up there was a measly metal bar. He hung on the Nick just a closely as Nick hung on to him. On the actual slide, you can go as fast or as slow as you like, but leave it to my husband to race to the bottom with our precious 18 month old on his lap. Fortunately Nicholas loved it. My mom had 2 people behind her probably cursing her the whole way because she rode the break all the way down the mountain. I'd like to think I fell somewhere in the middle. No one was squawking at me, but I wasn't breaking any records either.

We ate dinner at the condo, and then we took the big kids to a bonfire and fireworks show that night. Nick and my mom stayed behind with the little kids.







On Monday we drove to a town called Ohiopyle. There was a river where people could kayak or white water raft. They had a long bike trail that ran the length of an old railroad. It was a really cute little town, and the scenery was really pretty.


Poor Taylor was left with the task of keeping Nicholas from falling into the jagged rocky waterfall.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Didn't that just give you a heart attack taking Nicholas to a jagged cliff? Jeff couldn't understand why I was flipping out the whole time we were at Hocking Hills this summer. I could picture him running off every ledge!