Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Last Tuesday was the first day of preschool. Isabella is in her 3rd year of preschool and is now considered a "big" kid at school, since she's in Pre-K. This is Nicholas' first time at preschool, and he has been looking forward to this day for a very long time. This school is very small - there is only one classroom and two teachers, so only one class goes on at a time. Nicholas is in the 3 year class and goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hours in the morning. Isabella will go for 3 1/2 hours in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I won't get any time to myself while they are at school, but I'm really excited to have 2 hours with just Isabella and a couple hours with just Nicholas before he takes a nap. When I told Isabella that she and I would have some time to ourselves, she said "oh good, we are going to do only  girl things, and let's make a big stink about Nicholas while he's gone." I'm not really sure what that means, but I'm looking forward to doing just girly things.

I got to stay the entire time both days last week, so the kids don't feel so anxious with the new routine. Nicholas and I spent the entire time playing with the rescue heroes on Tuesday. He had no interest in anything else in the classroom. Thursday I got him to play with a few other toys, and at the end of class, he was mad that he couldn't play with the "guys" again. He's has been counting the days till Tuesday so he can get back to his guys.




Isabella didn't need me one bit. She walked into that school like she owned it. She played with her old friends from last year, and played with some new friends, too. She raised her hand and contributed to a discussion at "circle time". What a change from 2 years ago, and even last year. She used to be shy and meek, and would not participate in a lot of the activities. She is blossoming into a confident, outgoing kid, and I think this school and her teacher have contributed greatly to that.


1 comment:

nick said...

It is so hard to believe that they are both in school. The time is moving by way to fast!