Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Taylor and Shea were with their Dad for the week in Massachusetts, and were greatly missed for all the festivities.

We started our weekend off by going to the parade at West Geauga. I thought that both were going to have a heart attack when the fire engines stopped in front of us and honked their horns.






Later that evening, we invited Nick's family over for a cookout. Even Woody the dog was invited. The guys planned a spectacular fireworks display that night. Isabella spent the first half of the show hiding under the kitchen counter and the second half in our bed watching Happy Feet with the volume turned way up. Nicholas watched from the window at the kitchen table while Nick, my father in law and I took turns holding him. NOT a huge success this year.




Sunday we went to my parents house for a cookout and swimming party.
Nicholas does not generally walk anywhere. He runs. By the time Nick and I leave my parents house, we are a ball of nerves because all we do is chase the child around and try to keep him away from the pool and the pond.




No comments: