Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last Day of Middle School!!



Today was the last day of school, and Taylor's graduation ceremony from the 8th grade. Next year she will be in High School! I cannot believe it. It seems like not long ago, I put her on the bus to go to kindergarten. She was one of the smallest kids in her class, and her pink Disney Princesses backpack was half her size. She got on the bus and never looked back. I watched the bus until I couldn't see it anymore. The rest of the day I prayed that the kids liked her and that she was not missing me. Before long, she was graduating from elementary school, and was leaving her safe haven of 13 classmates to enter the 6th grade in a new school system, with a class size of about 200. She transistioned flawlessly, and made several friends immediately. In 3 short years, this school has become her home.

I have so many vivid memories of her childhood, that it is hard to look at her and see the young woman that she is becoming. 14 years have gone by in a flash. It is difficult to think that I only have 4 more years of the wonderous, bright, beautiful and complex person before she leaves home. I intend to enjoy, and soak in every minute of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandy, You brought tears to my eyes. You absolutely right. She is a very special girl who has brought us all much joy!
Thank you for sharing.
Mom