Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today is My Sister's Birthday



We celebrated Penny's birthday on Sunday at their house with the family. They had a clam bake for those who like clams and grilled steaks for those who don't like clams. (Like me) Today, my parents, my sister and I went out to lunch to celebrate the actual day.
Penny is a really cool person. She has like a bazillion friends, so they must all see what we have known for ever. She is an awesome Mom, and the best sister. I am really lucky to have her. And, she has the most killer wardrobe you have ever seen. I rarely see her in the same outfit twice. Her shoe collection rivals that of Imelda Marcos. The people at Nordstrom know her by name. When she walks in they kiss her feet and they hire a Chinese man to cart her around in a rickshaw while she piles the clothing on top of him. The other shoppers think she's famous. Then you visit her house......What can I say that would do it justice. It's like walking into a page of Better Homes and Gardens while they are featuring the top 10 decorated houses in the country. It's sick, and I hate her. Just kidding. I love her.

Happy Birthday Penzoil!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sand!! Obviously the wardrobe and house thing run in the family, as everyone whose been to your house knows!! It was a great celebration and so nice to be surrounded by my family! The girls and I love to read your blog! You are such a wonderful writer!

PS - I never noticed the Chinese guy with the rickshaw - he must be very quiet!

Anonymous said...

Sandy: I don't think you would ever dream when you were kids that you'd be writing such nice things about Penny Way to go! It makes me feel so good that the two of you are such good friends. I only hope that your daughters will someday feel the same about each other. Love you both!