Friday, January 9, 2009

Dietetically Challenged

I am not on a diet per se, but I have been trying to be more aware of the food going into my mouth throughout the day. I am about 10 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Nicholas. I was a little on the too-thin side, so I am not upset about the ten pounds. I am, however, very displeased with the fact that none of my clothes fit. It would be nice if I did not have to completely start over with a new wardrobe.

That being said, I have been eating salads for lunch instead of sandwiches, frozen pizzas, chips, cookies, etc. Nick has decided that he would like to lose some weight and is trying watch his fat and calorie intake. I have started reading the labels for the first time ever to make sure that what I am cooking for dinner will not sabotage his progress. Upon reading the labels, I discovered this:






A serving of Ceasar dressing has 17 grams of fat!! And 160 calories! A serving of Hershey's chocolate syrup has NO FAT! And only 100 calories. How is that possible??? I have been choking down romaine while, instead, I could have been tilting my head back and pouring the syrup down my throat.
I am back to eating the good food. Dieting is not for me. Today I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a large side of BBQ Frito's. (No, I did not read the labels.) I am going to try a new route. I will continue to eat what I want, but I am now counting on Wii Fit and Taylor's new Pilates video to get me back into my old pants. (Only when I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better to do.) I will let you know how it works out for me. Until then, M & M's and Snickers for all!!!


No comments: