Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Weekend of Birthday Celebrations!






On Saturday we celebrated Shea's birthday at our house with the family and on Sunday we celebrated Paige's birthday at Penny and Dave's house. We made Flank Steak sandwiches at our house, and smoked everyone out. There was a haze throughout the entire first floor and the entire house had a horrible stench for the rest of the weekend. That is clearly not an indoor thing to cook, and we will not be serving that anytime in the near future. Otherwise, everyone had a great time; especially Shea. And that's all that matters!

At Paige's party, we made our own pizzas, which were delicious! Then I had to have my yearly dose of Funfetti Cake. For those of you who have not had the pleasure (I use that term loosely) of tasting funfetti cake, it is white with little colored specks mixed into the cake. There is not a gram of chocolate anywhere in the cake. Paige has an aversion to chocolate cake. (I know, she can't possibly be related to me.) Unfortunately, Isabella loved it. I have a feeling I will be making funfetti cake every August from here on in. I am just teasing you Paige! Your party was perfect!

No comments: