Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Nick!

I met Nick one month after my divorce was final in 1998. He was the manager of the restaurant that I was interviewing for. That was a very hard time of my life. My opinion on men could not have been any lower. I was mad at life that I had no job, no higher education and had to figure out how to raise my two small children on my own. We sat across the table from each other at the interview and I remember thinking "hmm" there is something about this guy. I was hired for the job, and over the next year and a half we became friends. I had no interest in dating, but I really enjoyed talking to him. I am not really sure when it happened but we started casually dating. I absolutely did not want anything more. But then I found myself thinking about him ALL the time. I wanted to be with him constantly. It was really freaking me out. I finally laid it on the line and said that I wanted more from him, but was prepared to never see him again. Shockingly, he agreed. And 2 1/2 years later, we were married.
When have been through it all in almost 7 years of marriage....the turmoil of a blended family (much harder than you could ever imagine!), miscarriages, building a house, sick parents, and economical ups and downs. We have grown together and each event that comes our way, we tackle it head on and learn from the experience. I can't imagine experiencing life with anyone else.
My Husband! I love you so much!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sandy, what a great story, and what a great example you are giving your kids of a wonderful marriage. I'm glad you found each other, and Happy Birthday Nick!