Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Ramblings of a Stressed-Out Mom

If you've noticed, I have been slacking a bit on the blog entries. Every morning I wake up and think "Today, something profound will happen and I will have a good story to write about." At the end of each day, it's the same thing. A messy house, laundry piling up, running kids to and from practice, a work-a-holic husband whom no one has seen since Sunday, back talking teenagers, a sassy 2 year old who also refuses to poop until I threaten her with an enema (A.K.A. bucket medicine), and a cranky baby who wants to be held all day and has decided that he doesn't like to eat food, which is very bad, since he is already too skinny. Most of the above leave me feeling guilty and inadequate. I should be able to keep up with the laundry, and I should be able to keep my house clean. I should be able to drive to Shaker Heights to watch a track meet in the rain today. My punishments should be consistent when my kids are mouthy and disrespectful. Who knows where I went wrong with the pooping problems, and I attribute Nicholas' underweight body to the fact that I did not breastfeed him.

When my kids have had a bad day, I always tell them that tomorrow will be a better day. This has been a yucky week. I just have to remind myself that next week will be better! In the meantime, here is a glimpse of the growth I have had attached to my leg for the last several days. (Please ignore the sheep pajamas.)




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sandy!!!!! Yuck...not to that cute growth on your leg, but to your week. Trust me, we seem to have a week like that every month! It will get better...the food thing is probably teething, the pooping thing will resolve itself...just forget about it and give her tons of fruit, the back talk...well, I'm not one to give advice on that, but it's usually a cycle of stressed out moms/daughters at the end of the school year (trust me, I know). Messy house, tons of laundry...you just need one hyper day to catch up.
Now I must go and do all I just told you to do!