Thursday, April 23, 2009

There is Hope......

Tuesday morning Shea informed me that she could not find her Ipod Touch. She was certain that she had put it in her front pocket of her book bag after school but when she got home from Track practice it was gone. Shea is notorious for being POSITIVE about putting something in one place or another, and I always find it somewhere completely different. By yesterday morning, it still had not shown up. I was starting to get more worried and more perturbed. I told her to take everything out of her locker and make sure it wasn't buried at the bottom, and I searched her bedroom to make sure that it wasn't buried under a heap of dirty clothes. This morning we were convinced that it was lost. I told her to check with the office at school to see if maybe someone turned it in. The chances of someone turning in a $300 Ipod are slim, but it was worth a shot. Low and behold - it was in the office waiting for someone to claim it. I was speechless! I just stared at her with my mouth gaping. She couldn't understand why I was so impressed. (That must mean that she is pretty honest too if the thought never crossed her mind that someone would keep it rather than turn it in.) I told her to go back to the office and ask who turned it in, because that kid deserves a medal. At the very least, a very big thank you.

No comments: