Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Isabella Turned 3!

Our little princess Isabella Grace turned 3 on August 9th. (yes I know I am behind) We celebrated her party with the family on the 8th. She has been looking forward to her birthday since January. Every month from January to May one of the 6 of us has had a birthday. Every birthday that came up, Isabella would ask if her birthday was next. I had to keep telling her "not yet, but soon." The day finally came, and she was the star. She loved every bit of it until we started singing. She did not NOT like everyone all staring at her and singing "Happy Birthday", and I got an earful about it the next day. She was so excited to open all her presents, and was really appreciative to everyone. I was so proud of her.


This poor little crazy haired, big blue-eyed kid who demands my attention, probably the most in our family, had to wait 2 weeks for me to post her birthday! This is without question no reflection on what I feel for this little girly. We waited so long for this child, and feared that she would never come. Once she did - we couldn't imagine life without her. From the moment she was born, she made her presence known. She cried almost all day with the most ear piercing cry I have ever heard. I had a route around our house and would do the walk and bounce combo around the house all day. She slept for 20-30 minutes at a time during the day. The moment Nick walked through the door, I practically threw her at him. Thankfully, she slept pretty well at night, or I don't think I would have survived.

She began talking very early and could carry on a pretty good conversation at about 18 months. Today, at 3, she never stops talking from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. She says some of the funniest things I had ever heard. It's no wonder Nicholas doesn't talk - Isabella tells me everything I need to know about him and his needs.

Isabella is the biggest girly girl in our family. I think she has Taylor beat, which I never thought was possible. Her favorite color is pink and it must be incorporated in every activity/outfit/ food or beverage item of our day. Nick keeps telling her she is going to be a soccer player, but she insists that she will be a cheerleader like Taylor.



One thing I am certain of, is this clever, funny, affectionate, sassy-pants is going to give me a run for my money. And I look forward to every moment. Happy Birthday, again, little Bellsers. I love you!!

Below are some pictures from the party. Disney Princesses, of course!


Taylor's artistic cake creation


















No comments: