Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jonas Brothers Mania

Thursday night, Nick and I volunteered to drive Taylor and her two friends to the Jonas Brothers concert. Last year, I accompanied the girls to the concert, but the tickets were only $25, so I didn't mind sitting through the concert. This year, they were playing at the Q, downtown, and Taylor and her friends wanted to be as close as they could possibly get, so I opted not to attend. One Monday morning in March, I sat at the computer with my ticketmaster account ready, and my Jonas Brothers Fan Club account ready. Isn't everyone a Jonas Brothers fan club member? At exactly 10:00 AM, me and about another 5,000 mothers, tried to purchase tickets. I was immediately kicked out of the website, and my computer froze. I had to get out of all the windows and try again, all the while sweating bullets. (Not because I was afraid of disappointing my daughter, but because I was caught up in the race of getting the best tickets.) Crazy, I know. Once I logged back in, I entered my fan club code number, and wallah - I got 3 tickets on the floor. I was jumping up and down. It was really ridiculous. I had just charged $315 on my credit card trusting that three 15 year olds would pay me back. They did, with my own child taking the longest at about 60 days.

Much to Nick's dismay, I bought window paint so the kids could decorate our car. We dropped the girls off at the door of the Q with explicit instructions to walk straight into the building, and not leave the building until we arrive to pick them up. We stayed downtown just in case anything happened so that we would be right there and able to get there quickly. We had a very nice dinner at the Chop House, then went for a nice walk around the Warehouse District. From there we went to Mallorca and had dessert and a cup of coffee. It was wonderful to have 4 1/2 hours to spend talking and relaxing together.

We picked the kids up right outside the entrance, and they had an awesome time. They were in the fifth row and Taylor took some great pictures. One of the girls must have thanked Nick and me 100 times, and told us that we made her life. Not bad for a Thursday night.



Nick wants me to leave this one on the car, of course...


No comments: