Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So Funny, These Teenagers

Taylor has had several days in a row with constant activities, and little sleep. Last night I was sitting in the school cafeteria during a meeting, on someone else's phone, listening to my husband tell me that my 9 year old niece was being taken to the hospital for pneumonia, with Taylor chirping in my other ear asking if she could have her new boyfriend over for a couple hours. In that moment of weakness, I agreed.

In walks the boyfriend with roses and candy. For me????? I say. No I didn't say that. I was on the phone, so I couldn't gush too much over it, which Taylor was probably very thankful of. I didn't have a chance to ask what the occasion was until 10:00 when he was leaving. When I did ask, this adorable, ridiculously tall young man held up his finger and confidently said "1 month". Me being the quick witted one looked blankly at them both and said "huh?" Then I finally got it. Ohhh, 1 month since they have been dating!!! Is that hysterical, or what? Woo-hoo we made it a whole 30 days!! That must feel like a lifetime to a 16 and 17 year old. I didn't share my humor in the situation with the kids. I didn't think they would appreciate it. All joking aside, I am enjoying watching this relationship develop. They seem to really care about one another and enjoy doing and saying nice things to each other. It is neat to see that a genuine friendship is forming.  

No comments: