Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Festivites

Last Monday, we were invited to a Thanksgiving feast at Isabella's preschool, where they sang songs and told stories about Thanksgiving. Nick was one of the class helpers and made butter and popcorn and muffins with all the other Moms. This is the second year in a row that he has helped at this party and loves to do it. 


Isabella had to pick a vegetable that she wanted to be for the feast and we had to decorate a vest made out of a grocery bag with that vegetable. Last year, when the instructions were given to the other moms, I happened to be the class helper that day, and did not hear anything about these bag-vests. The day of the party, Nick called me and told me that I was supposed to have this vest done for that day. He was completely freaking out and felt like the loser parent with the only child who didn't have her homework done. As quick as I could, I made a vest at home and made a couple "Indian-Looking) prints on the front and wrote "Happy Thanksgiving" on the back. It was a sad looking vest, so this year, I was determined to redeem myself. Nick and I spent a couple hours on this thing and about $20. It was worth it.


Doesn't Nicholas look happy to be a participant of the feast this year?



Because I am such a wonderful baker, I chose to bake the pies instead of buy them at Patterson's. Never again. Not that I don't enjoy baking, but a pie is a pie. Especially when you buy it from one of the biggest apple and pumpkin farms in the area and they bake them fresh daily from scratch. And sell them for about $12. Sooo not worth the time and mess to do it yourself. 

Nicholas was a huge help, and made sure there was as much flour on the counter and floor as possible.



We spent Thanksgiving Day at my sister's house. The tables were decorated spectacularly and the food was fabulous. But, the dinner conversation was stellar. I quote, "Sarah Palin is a bull---- son of a -----" Thankfully, my brother in law did not have a stroke right there at the table.



Oliver is the newest member of the Z family. He's only been living there for a few weeks. Doesn't he look uncomfortable with all the loud people in the house?


He didn't even mind the heckling boy.


Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone enjoyed the day!

No comments: