Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just a Taste of Spring

Last week we had about 3 days where it was around 55 degrees. I was jumping for joy. I had a spring in my step and a new found burst of energy. I don't know what it is, I just work better when it's warm. The driveway and yard were soaking wet and still full of slush, but I didn't care. The little kids and I went for a really long walk with the dogs. (Abby is with us for a few weeks.) And we even went sledding in the yard on the little amount of snow we had left. I have only gone out sledding with them one other time this winter because I am a selfish parent and have no desire to go out in the freezing cold and drag a sled up the big hill 20 times while Nicholas is whining at the top of the hill because I am not up there with him. He's not a sledder. He won't even try it and, therefore, thinks that no one should sled.  Anyway, since it was such a balmy 55 degrees that day, we just had to get ice cream. Those few days were great, and hopefully it will tie me over for a few more weeks until the real spring hits.

In the meantime, winter is back with a vengeance. We got hit with an ice storm a couple nights ago, which later turned into snow, so our trees have a very pretty shiny glaze over them, and the ground is recovered.





No comments: