Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hmm, Has it Really Been That Long??

I noticed that I haven't written anything since November. Wow, that's a long time. I don't intentionally ignore my blog duties, I just always find things that are so much more pressing. Such as, getting ready for that little holiday we had in December. I know everyone has to get ready for Christmas every year, but for some reason, I always feel completely overwhelmed and unprepared no matter how early I start the process. Somehow, I pulled it off and was ready by Christmas Eve morning. Nick and I spent a couple nights in the basement wrapping presents till 2:00 AM, but somehow we pulled it off and were ready by Christmas Eve morning. We spent Christmas Eve with Nick's family and Christmas Day with my family. We also had my cousin's and my Aunt visiting from Brazil, which was really cool.








Then there was my "Friday Night Lights" marathon. For a while there, I was unhealthily addicted to this show. I started watching the show in the 4th season. Then ABC Family network starting showing repeats from the beginning and they were on every day. Half way through the 2nd season, they took it off the air. I am assuming they did this because there was only one household (mine) that was tuning in daily to catch what was happening in Dillon, Texas. I was devastated. I rushed to the library to borrow seasons 2 and 3. I would wake up early to watch an episode, I would park my fanny in front of the T.V. at naptime, and I would stay up really late after everyone else was in bed. I could not get enough of this show. For a while there, I felt like I was part of the Dillon Panthers. It was starting to freak me out and I was driving my family crazy because I kept referring to the characters as if I personally knew them. What would Tami Taylor do in this situation? Why didn't Tim Riggins go to my High School. Thank God Tim Riggins doesn't go to my daughters' High School. Julie, guard your innocence you foolish little girl!


(It should seriously be illegal to be this hot)

We have recently entered Birthday season. Technically, someone in our family has a birthday in every month of the year except December, but from January through April, there are multiple birthdays in those 4 months. It is pure madness. January started with my darling little Shea, who turned 15 on the 15th. She asked for new bedding and to paint her bathroom. Long gone are the days when she asked for Barbies and American Girl dolls. (sniff, sniff) The bathroom is done, but she can't seem to narrow down a bedding set that she wants, although we have perused just about every catalog, website and store I can think of. She doesn't even have a specific idea in mind, she'll just know it when she finds it.




Next was my neice Paige, who became a teenager on the 21st. Every time I see her, which is fairly frequently, she grows taller. Her legs are about a mile long, and I am not kidding. I think her fave gift was the snowboard that her parents got her.




The latest birthday was my father-in-law's, on Friday. We celebrated on Saturday, at a fantastice restaurant, and then went back to my in-law's for dessert and presents.




On deck for February, we have my brother-in-law, Joe, Nick's grandmother and little Nico Suave' is turning 3 on the 17th.

In the last 3 weeks, almost every major appliance in our house broke. My beloved Dyson vacuum couldn't handle the pressure that I was putting on him and broke down. I was without him for a whole week, which was pure torture. $150 later, he's as good as new, and is being used religiously. Our dishwasher broke shortly after Mr. Dyson, and could not be fixed. After 1 week of handwashing all my dishes, I decided to purchase styrofoam plates and plastic cups. We did some serious damage to the environment that week, but, I'm sorry, hand washing dishes for a family of 6 ranks up there as one of the worst tasks on the planet. I have my new Bosch dishwasher, which I absolutely love. There was no love lost between me and the old one. It was extremely expensive, and from day one, it did not clean our dishes well at all. The next thing to go was my Microwave. I broke the glass tray that same week, and had to wait a week for the ordered one to arrive. Thankfully, I still had our old microwave in the basement so we were able to use that. Last week, our furnace started making a horrible clattering noise. Apparently there was a plastic piece on the motor that broke. Of course, you cannot purchase the plastic piece alone, you have to buy a whole new motor for about $700. I am surprised my credit card didn't burst into flames after all these charges. But, everything is fixed and and installed and we are back in business.

That's the latest. Hopefully 2 more months won't go by before I recap my life.

No comments: