Monday, July 21, 2008

I Am Feeling Well Rested

Nicholas has slept well for the last two nights. Hurray! I had originally said that I was going to let him cry it out, but after reading my book by Dr. Ferber, I decided against it. He said that a baby is not ready for that until about 6 months. I will use any excuse I can to not have to do it. I hate letting babies cry! So, we have been suffering through it. Nick noticed that when I am at my breaking point and am cursing everyone in my sight at 4:00AM, we usually have a good night the following day. Well, that's exactly what happened. Nicholas went to bed on Saturday at 9:30 and woke up at 2:30. I fed him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 8:15. Last night, he went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 3:30, then went back to sleep until 7:30. For parents who have children sleeping 10 hours a night without waking at all, you are probably thinking that this is horrible. But for those of us who are used to getting up 2 or 3 times a night, this is HEAVEN!

Now that I have commented on how great this is, Nicholas will probably be up every hour tonight!

No comments: