Tuesday, July 1, 2008





Today we went to the playground at the Jewish Community Center. It is one of the biggest playgrounds that I have ever seen. Despite all the day camps from the city, we had a great time. Isabella loved going down the slide with Taylor and Shea. Even Nicholas went down the slide for the first time. It was all fun and games until he had a huge blowout in his diaper. He always seems to choose the most inopportune moments to have a big blast. As I was sitting on a swing with him, I noticed a horrible stench. He and I both had poop on us. I changed him under a shady tree as far from people as I could find. I rifled through my diaper bag and was lucky that I had an extra outfit for him. However......Isabella must have removed the wipes from my bag prior to leaving our house. We found 2 McDonald's napkins, which Taylor saturated in the drinking fountain. I wiped him down as best I could, but napkins are not meant to be soaked with water and used as baby wipes. So, for the rest of the afternoon, I walked around with poop on my shirt, and Nicholas had shredded napkins stuck to his butt.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sandy- I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me...don't you think we would be more prepared after so many kids? I ran out of diapers on our way home from vacation with an hour to go and used McDonalds napkins for a diaper with a hair band to hold them in place. We don't get more prepared, we just get more creative!