Monday, July 14, 2008

Seven Springs, PA

This weekend we all went to Penny and Dave's condo in Seven Springs with my parents to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We had so much fun. We have gone twice since they purchased it a couple of years ago, but it has been in the winter so everyone could ski. This was a completely different experience in the summer. There is as much to do in the summer as there is in the winter. We all rode the Alpine Slides, which is a track down the mountain. Even Isabella rode the 15 minute ski lift up the mountain and rode down the slide with either me or Nick. I took her first and was very nervous about putting her on the lift, but she did great. I went very slowly the first time down, but Nick took her next and they were going as fast as I was when I was by myself. I still beat them to the finish line, which killed Nick.

We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night at the condo, that we had a local restaurant prepare for us. That was followed by cake and ice cream for dessert, baked and decorated by Paige and Chloe. (The cake did not have a speck of chocolate on it, since for some reason, Miss Paige has aversion to chocolate. We can't possibly be related.) Nevertheless, it was very good!

Sunday, we hit the Alpine Slide again, rode it a few more times, had lunch at the lodge, and then had to pack up our things and drive home. Taylor and Shea can't wait to go back next summer. I am looking forward to going next winter since I will finally be able to ski. 2 years ago, there was a warm spell and we were not able to ski, and last winter I was pregnant. I will be practicing at Alpine Valley beforehand though.

I forgot to bring my camera so I will post some pictures when I get them from my mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with you guys! I raced Shea and Taylor down the Alpine Slide and won both times! Next summer they will be faster I'm sure! I do hate chocolate cake!

Paige