Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Very Fun Weekend with the Family






This weekend Jean and Omar (Aunt and Uncle) and Lori and Omar, Alex and Gabby (Cousin, wife and kids) came to visit us. We try to get together with them every year, and usually take turns with them traveling here or us in Maryland. The festivities began on Saturday at my parents house for a cookout, and swimming. Sunday, we went to the fair for some greasy, delicious food, and to see all the farm animals. Afterward, we went back to our house for more food. On Monday, we met at Penny and Dave's house for yet again more food and then all went to the ice cream shop for dessert where Taylor, Shea, Paige and Chloe shared a "Destroyer" which is a concoction of 9 scoops of ice cream and whatever toppings you like. They take your picture and post it on the wall. Surprisingly, they finished all but the melted soup at the bottom of the dish.


I love hanging out with my cousin and his wife and laugh almost the entire time we are together. My cousin's son who, is 2 1/2, managed to shut his fingers in the car door and fall head first into my parents pond. He was right there to scoop him out, but not able to avoid his wife finding out due to the pond scum and seaweed covering Alex's entire body. Gabby is 8 months old, and is one of the chubbiest babies I have ever seen. She was absolutely adorable! I never left her alone with Nicholas for fear of her eating my son as a small snack. All the little kids played so well together, and Isabella did a fantastic job of sharing her toys!


The next time we see everyone will be next summer in Hilton Head! I can't wait!


No comments: