Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poor Nicholas

I made the decision to banish Nicholas from our bedroom and put him in our office. I think he might be waking up at night because we are making too much noise. (And don't snicker. I am not talking about that noise!) I am not going to name names, but someone has a snoring problem and a recent talking in his sleep problem. I think Nicholas is a light sleeper, and we are waking him up. I also hear every move the child makes since he is 5 feet away from our bed. Even if he is just tossing and turning, I wake up and lie there listening to him for 15 minutes wondering if he is going to wake up. I am getting more and more grouchy from lack of sleep as the months go by, and it is not fair to my family. I like to think of myself as a generally happy person, but the every three hour thing is wearing on my nerves.

Once he can sleep for 8 0r 9 hours at a time, we will move him upstairs with Isabella. In the meantime, his bedroom consists of a crib amidst a desk, bookshelves and a copy machine. No blinds on the windows, and glass doors. As Isabella says it so well......."Poor Naa, Nobody wub Naa".

No comments: